The printer has become a necessary thing for every life whether it is of Student life, College or Business life. There are so many trusted brands in the world that have been engaged in manufacturing the latest models of printers with outstanding and advanced functionality which makes your life simple and easy. Apart from this, printers also come with software or hardware issues due to which it might stop printing or says “Printing error”. This error will stop your work and get you stuck. In this post, we will discuss the printer installation and troubleshooting procedure of Canon, Brother, Epson and HP Printers.
If you have any error with your Canon printer whole printing properly or even turning it on at all then you don’t have to quickly resort to returning it or taking it to an electronics repair facility. There are various different resolution steps you can follow on your own and in combination with the printing software of Canon to get your printer fixed and make it in operating condition immediately.
- Step 1:
Check if your Canon printer has its indicator lights flashing in a particular pattern and then, access your manual to make sure if there is a consisting error code. Follow the on-screen instruction in the manual for how to resolve the linked problem or just continue on with more fixing if it is not appearing a particular error code.
- Step 2:
Be sure that the power cord is plugged into your wall outlet and USB Cable is gently connected to your device. Open the top of the printer machine and conduct a quick visual review to see if there is any piece of paper stuck in the paper feed.
- Step 3:
Restart your computer and conduct a print something in case the computer has stopped identifying your printer or the print line is not responding due to a software error.
- Step 4:
Navigate to “Control Panel” of your computer and then click on the “Printers and Faxes” option. Click on the “Add A Printer” option if your Canon printer isn’t displaying in the list. Then, follow the on-screen prompts so your computer will work a test to detect the printer.
- Step 5:
Uninstall and then re-install the Canon software that came with the printer and then go to Web Browser to their official webpage and download the latest version of the software driver
- Step 6:
Open the Canon printer software and select the “Properties” or “Options” tab. Click on the “Test Alignment” or “Clean Print Heads”, depends on which version of the software you are using. Wait for the printer to complete its alignment and then print a test page. Now, check if the test page is printer completely.
HP printer won’t print is a common error and can result from different reasons such as missing or old drivers, faulty connections, bad configuration in Windows, etc.
Below are a few solutions which you have to attempt to fix your Printer issues:
- Solution 1: Check Printer Status
- Solution 2: Chancel Print Jobs for your HP
- Solution 3: Set HP Printer to Default
- Solution 4: Basic HP Printer Troubleshooting
- Solution 5: Update HP Printer Driver (Advisable)
The following are a few resolved that have served many Epson printer users to resolve their error. You don’t have to try them all:
- Check your printer connection
- Set your printer as default printer
- Update your printer driver
- Check the Print Spooler service
- Clear all print jobs
- Use another program to print your document
- Check the status of your printer
If you find any trouble with your Brother printer to print, first make sure that any sign of what the problem could be on your computer or the printer. If you see an error message, check the Brother website for advice on how to handle the situation and follow the prompts. The troubleshooting Brother Website contains information about how to resolve many common kinds of errors. Well, there is a simple way to resolve any error or problem is to restart your device and connect the printer with your device properly. Also, you can call on Brother Support UK for instant help from the technical teams.
Installation of the Printers:
Installation of Brother Printer:
- Visit brother website and then click on ‘Customer help’ tab
- Click on the ‘download software/drivers and your computer OS will be detected automatically
- Click on ‘Full Driver & Software Package’ and scroll down
- Then, agree to the End User License Agreement and download
- If you are asked with an additional message ‘save’ and
- When printer software has downloaded and you will need to run the installer
- First, select a language and then press on Ok and the license agreement will appear
- Select ‘Yes’ and select ‘Wireless network connection’ and click on ‘Next’
- Choose the Firewall option and then click on Next
- Check the box ‘Configure via the control panel manually’ and click on ‘Next’
- Select ‘Next’ again and then click on the ‘Checked and confirmed’ box
- When computer search your printer then click on ‘Next’ and the drivers will start to install
- When installed click on ‘Next’ and move ahead by clicking on ‘Next’
- Register your printer and continue by clicking on ‘Next’
- When asked to restart your computer then click on it and restart your computer and now you are all set-up
Installation of Epson:
- Firstly, turn on the printer and go to its official website and select download and install the Windows version of Epson
- Trick the agreement and click on Next then on Install
- Select your product in the menu then, click on Next and select Printer Registration and click on Next
- Click on Agree > Next and then, click on Ok when you see Register a printer to Epson Connect
- You can create a new account and sign-up with an existing and click on Close
Installation of HP:
- Check the printer and find your model number and most HP printers place the model number on the front or back of the printer
- Visit the HP Website to download the correct drivers and enter the model number and select your operating system to download the driver
- Connect the printer to the computer as per the package instructions
- Open your Start menu and select ‘Control Panel’ then select ‘Printers’ and ‘Hardware’
- Click on ‘Add a Printer’ use the recommended port to install the printer
- Select the brand HP of your printer then, select the model number and click on ‘Next to install your printer
Installation of Canon:
Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on the Canon printer and plug the other end into a USB port on your computer. Plug the power cable into the printer and outlet and keep the printer off.
- Insert the installation CD which was included with the printer into your optical drive and click on Cancel when the New Hardware prompts
- Follow the installation prompts when the installation CP has completed loading
- Turn on the printer when the Printer Connection screens appear and then, follow the remaining on-screen prompts
- Click on ‘Exit’ after the installation wizard completes
Read this guide carefully to know about the procedures and to make your life easy. If you don’t know the reason for the ‘not printing’ error then, it is advisable to do not try to resolve it on your own otherwise you make the situation worse than previous.