Windows is growing up day by day and comes with a new version along with advanced and latest features. Now Windows has updated its version 10. You can upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 by using an in-place upgrade option by saving your files and in place of having to wipe out your device clean. You can perform this task with the help of the Media Creation Tool that isn’t only available for Windows 7 but also available for Windows 8.1. Make sure that you don’t run into the errors while the installation. If you want to upgrade a clean installation then, follow the step by step instructions.
Before moving ahead, below are the hardware requirements of installing Windows 10:
Processor: 1GHz or speedy CPU or System on a Chip
RAM: 1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit
Hard drive space: Existing installations: 16GB for the 32-bit or 20GB for 64-bit
Graphics: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
Networking: Wi-Fi or Ethernet adapter
Display resolution: 800×600
- Note: To upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, it is advisable to run the latest version of your current operating system. To check that, open the Run command (Windows + R keyboard shortcut), type winver and then click on the OK option.
Before moving ahead with the upgrading procedure, it is advisable to uninstall any software like security software, antivirus software or any old third-party applications which might prevent you from upgrading successfully to Window 10. Also, disconnect any hardware that is connected to your computer like Phone, Printer, and externalhard drive, Camera as well as other USB peripherals. Sometimes, the connected devices can be the only reason for the failure of upgrading.
Follow the below-given steps to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10:
- First of all, download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft. (Recommended from Google Chrome)
- Now, click on the Download tool now option and then save the installer on your computer
- Double-click on the MediaCreationTool.exe to start the Windows 10 setup wizard and then,
- Click on Accept to the license agreement
- Choose the ‘Upgrade this PC now’ to just download the files and then start the upgrade
- Now, click on the Next option and type a valid Windows 10 product key from the edition which you are trying to update
- After that, click on Next and click on the Accept option to agree with the license agreement
- Click on the option “Keep personal files and application”
- And in the end, click on Install option to complete the installation procedure
Once the installation completed then you will need to go through the OOBE that is, out-of-box-experience to complete setting up Windows 10. And here, you will once again see the familiar desktop and all the new features that are integrated into Windows 10.
Apart from this, also make sure for using Device Manager to check that all pieces of hardware are installed properly on your system and reinstall your antivirus as well as any other software which you uninstall before the upgrade.