McAfee antivirus is the great security solution when it comes to keeping your system fully protected from virus, Trojans, malware and online threats. It helps to scans, detects and removes the virus and unwanted bugs from your device. While you are scanning your system completely with McAfee, you may see that your virus scan suddenly stops without showing any problem. The software window disappears without any warning. Although you start scanning again the same error occurs multiple times. In short, you are stuck with the McAfee Not Scanning error. In that case, it is advisable to get it resolved as soon as possible.
In this blog post, we are giving some effective steps through which you can troubleshoot the problem shortly:
Step 1: Restart the System
First of all, the users need to restart the system because sometimes rebooting process often solves this error to a larger extent.
Step 2: Enable Access Protection
- First of all, open the McAfee antivirus
- Then click on ‘Navigation’ or ‘click’ on the cog that appears at the top right
- Click on the ‘General Settings and Alerts’ option
- Now, open the ‘Access protection’ drawer and then select ‘Use Access Protection’ checkbox
- Click on the ‘Apply’ option and then reboot the PC.
Step 3: Download and run ModifycntxtId.exe file
- The users will need to download the “ModifycntxtId.exe” tool from the following location
- “http://download.Mcafee.com products/licensed customer support patches/ModifycntxtId.exe file
- After download and save the file to the PC desktop, right-click on it “ModifyCntxtId.exe” and select ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- In the ‘User Access Control prompt’, click the ‘Yes’ option
Step 4: Remove and Reinstall McAfee Antivirus
- Re-installation may also troubleshoot this issue. To do this thing, users need to go with the following instruction:
- Click on the ‘Install’ button and then start the installation process
- While the installation procedure, the users get the notification process for the deletion of the existing McAfee version
- After that, accept “all terms and conditions”, then, appear on the screen
- Once the McAfee installed, it will scan in the midway to ensure that the system is clean
- Then, thee users have to repeat the scanning procedure
- For details on reinstalling and removing the McAfee Antivirus process, the users can call us at our McAfee Customer Service for complete support and guidance. If the problem still persists then try the next step.
Step 5: Check existing security software:
After applying all the steps, if still the issue is not resolved then the users have must check the other security software. Because having third-party security software programs in the same device may cause conflict with the McAfee antivirus program. In that case, remove the existing security software and then restart the system again to check the scanning process.
Through these simple methods, you can easily troubleshoot the issue.