In this modern age, Antivirus software programs become the spine of every device. By keeping the increasing cyber-threats and viruses in mind, every company is indulged in making outstanding antivirus security software through which you can keep your device completely safe. But sometimes, you may get stuck with the antivirus program for which un-installation becomes necessary for fixing the problem. In this blog, we are going to discuss why anyone chooses to uninstall the antivirus program.
If you are using antivirus software and suddenly it stops working or scanning then it might put your device under danger. In that case, it becomes necessary to troubleshoot the error as soon as possible. For fixing the glitches, sometimes you may have to uninstall the security software.
Sometimes, you may want to switch the Antivirus program. For which, you will need to uninstall the existing software completely. Because, if any of the antivirus files left in the device then it interferes in the working procedure of new antivirus. Therefore, it is necessary to make sure that you have completely uninstalled the existing software. But, sometimes, you may get stuck if you are not able to uninstall the software completely. In that case, we are providing accurate methods through which you can easily uninstall the antivirus program from your device.
Before uninstalling any antivirus program, follow these steps to avoid any glitches in the future:
- Make sure that you have successfully logged on your PC as an administrator
- Then, press Ctrl+Alt+Delet button to get the Windows Task Manager enabled for disabling the running components of security software
- Disable browser from Windows Task Manager as it can cause bothersome problems/errors.
- Create a complete registry backup for Windows registry to restore the change when you find any unexpected issues while the uninstallation process
Well, there are so many antivirus programs. So, let’s talk only the famous antivirus uninstallation process.
First, BullGuard Antivirus: through this method, you can easily conduct a BullGuard Uninstall process:
- First, click on the Windows icon that appears on the bottom left of your computer screen to open the Windows menu. Here, you have to click on the icon shaped like a gear
- Then, you will end up on the Windows Settings menu. Here, you will get all the important settings in the Windows operating system. Now, click on ‘Apps’ to begin uninstalling the software.
- Now, you will see a list of all programs that are installed on your computer. Here, you will need to find the search bar
- Type BullGuard in the search bar and then BullGuard Antivirus will display on the list. Then, click on the Program to move ahead.
- You have only two choices after clicking on the program- Modify and Uninstall. You need to click on Uninstall and then a small window will appear with a message ‘This app and its related info will be Uninstalled’. Click on ‘Uninstall’ if you agree and then the BullGuard Uninstaller will show up.
- It is suggested to shut down the application before uninstalling it. When it is ready then click on ‘Next’.
- It is advisable to keep the BullGuard related settings if you are going to install it again. The uninstallation procedure will start when you click on ‘Next’.
- The uninstallation procedure will not take long and you will now have BullGuard Antivirus uninstalled from your system only in few seconds. If it takes a too long time or displays any error while uninstallation then gets guidance from the BullGuard Customer Service.
- In the end, it is recommended to restart the system to completely remove it from your device. Well, you will get two options ‘Reboot now’ or ‘I want to manually reboot later’. Choose one of them according to your choice and then click on ‘Finish’.
- Now, you successfully uninstalled the BullGuard Antivirus from your computer.
For Norton: Now, we are going to provide the exact procedure to Uninstall Norton:
- First, press Windows Key + Q to bring up Windows search and then type control.
- Then, click on Control Panel from the appeared list of search results
- Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program
- Now, search Norton Products then right-click on it and select Uninstall option
- Then, follow on-screen instructions to completely uninstall Norton from your system.
- Then, restart your PC to save the current changes.
If this procedure does not work then try the uninstalling process through Norton Removal Tool.
- First, download Norton Removal Tool from the official link of uk.norton.com
- Now, run the Norton Removal Tool setup file and if it appears any security then it is advisable to click on Yes to Continue.
- Accept the End License Agreement and click on Next
- Type the displayed characters exactly as shown on the screen and then click on Next
- Then, the un-installation process will begin. If it does not start then get connected to the experts at Norton Contact.
- Once the uninstall is completed then reboot your PC to save changes
- After that, delete the Norton Removal Tool from your PC. Then, navigate to Program Files and Programs files and delete them.
For AVG: Now, let’s have a look at the accurate procedure to Uninstall AVG:
- First, reboot your PC to make sure that there are no AVG updates or tests running in the background.
- After the reboot, please log into the Windows as a user with the administration.
- If the un-installation was unsuccessful then it is advisable to use AVG Remover tool.
- Make sure to save all your work and then close all open and running documents
Here we are providing the downloading process of AVG Remover Tool:
- First, download the AVG Remover tool from the official website. If you are not able to download AVG then contact AVG for complete guidance of experts.
- AVG Remover helps to scan your PC to get all installed AVG products.
- Select the product you wish to uninstall and then click on Uninstall and click on Restart.
Through these methods, you can easily uninstall the antivirus security software.